MUSHROOM PEPPER BURGERS
Prep Time : 25 min
Total Time : 30 min
Servings : 4
Mounds of fresh vegetables are simmered in vegetable broth before they are stacked in sandwich-thin-buns along with cheese slices and Morningstar Farms* Harvest Veggie Burgers.
- 21 g
- Total Fat:
- 18 g
- 4 Morningstar Farms® Garden Veggie Patties™
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium orange bell pepper, stem and seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 whole wheat sandwich thins, split
- 4 slices American cheese or cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 4 MorningStar Farms* Harvest Veggie Burgers
1. Prepare the MORNINGSTAR FARMS* HARVEST VEGGIE BURGERS according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan combine vegetable broth and garlic. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Remove lid. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are softened and liquid has evaporated.
3. Top bottoms of sandwich thins with cheese slices. Place warm burger on each. Top with vegetable mixture. Spoon salad dressing on each. Place sandwich thins top on each. Press each sandwich lightly together. Place on baking sheet. Bake, covered with foil, at 350° F about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.