GREEK QUINOA & AVOCADO SALAD
Prep Time : 25 min
Total Time : 25 min
Servings : 4
This delectable toss of quinoa, tomato, baby spinach, and red onion is simply seasoned with fresh mint and lemon juice. Then it’s topped with wedges of chickpea burgers, avocado slices and optional feta cheese.
- 18 g
- Total Fat:
- 28 g
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 2/3 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 4 MorningStar Farms* Mediterranean Chickpea Burgers
- 1 cup tomato seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) crumbled feta cheese (optional)
1. In small saucepan combine water and quinoa. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered about 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender and liquid is absorbed. Transfer to large bowl. Cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS* Mediterranean Chickpea Veggie Burgers according to package directions. Cut into wedges. Set aside.
3. Add tomato, 1 cup spinach, red onion and mint to quinoa. Toss to combine. In small bowl whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle over quinoa mixture. Toss to combine.
4. On four serving plates arrange the 3 cups spinach and avocado slices. Spoon quinoa mixture on each. Top with burger pieces and feta cheese (if desired).