Prep Time : 20 min
Thin crust pizza is the perfect way to showcase this vegan crumble. Let it thaw slightly before using for the best texture on the pizza.
- 2 bags (700 g each) Pizza dough
- 1 cup (250 mL) Pesto sauce
- 4 cups (1 L) MorningStar Farms* Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
- 1 1/3 cups (400 mL) Roasted red pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Corn kernels
- 2 cups (500 mL) Feta cheese
- 3 cups (750 mL) Mozzarella cheese
- (optional) Basil leaves
- 1 cup (250 mL) Fresh basil leaves
- (optional) Extra virgin olive oil
1. Divide each dough in half and on a lightly floured surface, roll out each half one at a time to fit a 12 inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Place on cornmeal dusted pizza pan and reshape to fit pan.
2. Spread pesto all over pizza dough reaching to the edge. Divide and sprinkle each pizza with MorningStar Farms* Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles, red pepper strips and corn. Sprinkle with feta and mozzarella. Add basil over top.
3. Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for about 20 minutes or until crust is golden. Let cool slightly before cutting to serve. Garnish with more fresh basil and a drizzle of oil if desired.
. Substitute vegan pesto sauce and vegan cheeses if needed for a full vegan option
. Use fresh or frozen, thawed corn kernels if charred are not available. Or quickly pan-fry these options for additional flavour and colour