Prep Time : 20 min
A fresh way to enjoy lunch or dinner with a zippy dressing that can be made ahead to simply dress the bowl when serving.
- 16 cups (4 L) MorningStar Farms* Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles
- 2 cups (500 mL) Vegetable broth
- 4 cups (1 L) Corn kernels
- 12 cups (3 L) Rice
- 12 cups (3 L) Romaine lettuce
- 6 Tomatoes
- 4 Avocados
- 2 bunches Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Lime zest
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) Lime juice
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Sherry
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Cumin
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Canola oil
1. In a skillet, combine MorningStar Farms* Chipotle Black Bean Crumbles and broth over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover and stir in corn; cook for 2 minutes or until heated through.
2. In a serving bowl, spoon rice onto one side. Sprinkle other side with some of the lettuce. Spoon crumble over top of lettuce. Drizzle with Cilantro Lime Dressing and top with tomatoes and avocados to serve. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Cilantro Lime Dressing: In a blender, combine cilantro, lime zest and juice, vinegar, garlic, honey, salt and cumin. Turn blender on and slowly drizzle in oil and blend until smooth. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
• Dressing can be made up to 3 days ahead. Shake well before dressing salad.
• Use charred corn kernels for a wonderful flavour addition.
• For a colourful bowl presentation, do not cook the corn kernels in the crumble mixture. Simply add it to the top of the bowl toppings with avocado and tomatoes.